Dria Murphy Celebrates Collaboration With Dermstore And Surf Lodge In Montauk
Creative agency founder Dria Murphy has an encyclopedic knowledge of all things beauty, wellness and fashion, so it only makes sense she would share her knowledge with the world via her newly launched site by dria. Here the founder of Alise Collective curates her favorite products which she’s tried and tested throughout the years. This past Saturday, Murphy hosted a dinner celebrating a collaboration between by dria, Dermstore and Surf Lodge at the popular Montauk hospitality destination bringing together friends, journalists and influencers.
We spoke to Murphy about her platform, her favorite products to travel with and how to commit to wellness while on the road.
What is By Dria?
Dria Murphy: by dria is a curated shoppable lifestyle site of “the best of” products within wellness, beauty, interiors and fashion according to my point of view. Through my experience working with many brands and products in these spaces, I discovered that more does not equal better; so to cut through the noise, I was inspired to create this shoppable outlet to share everything I have learned and love. If I wouldn’t wear it, use it, or swear by it, it doesn’t make the by dria cut. I also curate a roundup of chic, new and noteworthy products you should buy called the au courant edit that drops every month.
Was there a specific moment in time that inspired you to create this platform?
This was a long time coming. I have personally and professionally grown to love to put like-minded brands with effective products together. I’ve curated collections for notable retailers, hand-selected in-room amenities for luxury hotels, worked with some of the biggest names in fashion, and founded my creative brand-building company Alise Collective. Through my experience, I discovered that more does not equal better, so I wanted to create a place where all of my recommendations could live so people could always reference them.
Why did you decide to partner with Dermstore?
I’ve loved the Dermstore for years, as I have always appreciated how they vet only the best of beauty and skincare, and they carry so many of my favorite brands.
How/why did you select Surf Lodge as the location of your event?
About six years ago, I worked with The Surf Lodge to start the in-room amenity program, and even prior to that, I consulted there as Alise Collective was starting out. The Surf Lodge will always have a special place in my heart, so it not only seemed fitting, but also full circle to curate an edit in celebration of the Dermstore summer beauty partnership with Surf Lodge via an intimate dinner and live music out east. Shop all my favorite picks from the edit here!
What are your favorite travel beauty products and why?
LivOn Labs Liposomal Vitamin C
This is my tried and true product for immune support. Your body’s white blood cells can absorb the vitamins more easily than other forms, which helps to increase your natural defense system. I always want to keep my immunity up while traveling and this is a staple.
Well Told Health Bloating Be Gone
Travel can be rough on the gut and I always get bloated. These are made of organic ginger, organic peppermint, and organic fennel in vegan capsule shells, and really help my digestion, especially when I travel.
111skin eye mask
I need all the depuffing help I can get when I travel and these eye masks are my favorite. They minimize the appearance of dark circles and give me the brightening I need. Sometimes I even put them on while in flight.
Caudalie Instant Detox Mask
I have been using this since I can remember. It’s a detoxifying clay mask that works quickly, which I really appreciate. I always put this on post travel and usually try to do it once a week.
Tower 28 SOS Daily Rescue
This soothing face spray includes hypochlorous acid, which our immune system naturally produces. It helps get rid of inflammation and bad bacteria.
Tammy Fender Hand Sanitizer
These days, hand sanitizer is a must. I am loving this dry-foam hand cleanser because it contains nature’s most potent anti-germ ingredients—from Cinnamon Bark to Clove to Thyme.
Sakara Life Detox Tea
I always keep this on hand to sip during flights to fight bloat and up my hydration.
What are some beauty and wellness tips you live by?
1. Water and electrolytes are key. Hydration is extremely important to good looking skin. You can use all of the products you want, but if you aren’t hydrated, it shows. I put electrolytes in my water to up the process when I need to.
2. Prioritize your sleep. Sleep is one of the most important, if not the most important elements to my wellness routine. It is often hard for me to prioritize, but when I do everything is significantly better. There is nothing better than feeling well rested. Sometimes it’s hard to listen to your body when you just want to keep going, but ultimately your body knows best.
3. “Word dump” journal at least a few times a week. I usually try to do this first thing in the morning, and it has helped my mental clarity for the day ahead. I try not to think so much and just write, flushing out whatever is on my mind.
4. Always take a sanity walk. The idea of a sanity walk is to take time to get some fresh air and move your body to help reset. No matter what, I take at least one per day. Sometimes it is only 5 minutes, others 20. Regardless, they are worth it.
5. “Mindset is everything.” It is so simple and true, yet oftentimes it’s hard to grasp when you are consumed by whatever is going on. I try to remind myself that I have the power to change my mindset to reflect positivity.